AWARDS & ACCOLADES
82 Awards Including:
- Los Angeles Film Awards (Best Inspirational Film)
- London Independent Film Awards (Best Feature Film)
- Los Angeles Independent Film Awards (Best Documentary Feature)
- London Independent Film Awards (Best Female Director)
- An OFFICIAL SELECTION at more than two dozen film festivals, including the Manhattan Film Festival and Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival
On December 16, 2018, California US Congresswoman, the Honorable Karen Bass, presented Rosalee Glass with an award from the United States Congress for her contribution in her inspiring and award-winning film "Reinventing Rosalee'.
On January 28th, 2019, on her 102nd birthday, Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, will be honoring Rosalee Glass by making January 28th, the official Rosalee Glass- Reinventing Rosalee Day."
Rosalee Glass, a former Holocaust survivor taken prisoner to a Siberian gulag during WWII transforms her destiny. In her 80s she begins an acting career, in her 90s she wins a Senior beauty pageant, and at the age of 100 she dares to ride Alaskan Sled dogs.
Upon the encouragement of Rosalee’s physician, Dr. Hiizenga, Lillian Glass (Rosalee’s daughter) sought out how to make a documentary on the life of her beloved mother, even by researching on Amazon, the techniques of Cecil B. Demille. She went on to find geniuses in the fields of film editing, cinematography, and music, and an amazing finished product resulted.
Lilian and Rosalee Glass are available, on request, to attend screenings and host a post-film live Q&A